Celebrating the best in home and gift retailing, the Gift of The Year Awards are some of the most highly-coveted accolades in the industry. This year saw more judges and more categories.
The competition, now in its 41st year, celebrates all that is new to market, innovative and design-led across the home and giftware world. To become finalists, suppliers can enter across 20 categories and must make it through two stages of judging by the industry’s experts, retailers and trade press. This year competition saw a record amount of entries from over 250 companies.
In keeping with the Fair’s theme of ‘Power of One’ (a movement designed to encourage greater sustainable action across the industry), there was a significant rise in the number of ethical and eco-friendly gifts suggesting indeed there is a growing trend towards a more sustainable future and a socially conscious industry.
The ceremony, held on the first night of the Fair, celebrated 20 category winners with newcomers Hot Smoked taking home the Judges’ Choice award, in addition to winning in two categories.
- Beauty, Bath and Spa - Craft Your Own Herbal Hand salve - Bathing Beauty
- Branded Product - Frida Kahlo Collection - Talking Tables
- Cards and Wrap - Pin and Ink The Handcrafted Card Co.
- Children's - Engenius Contraptions Marble Run - Cheatwell Games
- Commemorative and Collectable - Sweet Memories Tins -Gibson's
- Contemporary Gift - Flip Click Clock- Gingko
- Design & Craft - Handcrafted Gift Wrap Sheets - Paper Mirch
- Ethical Gift - Bathing Beauty Soap -Bathing Beauty
- Fashion Accessory - Blade & Rose - Arora Design
- Festive and Occasional - Isla Jewellery- Billy's Beach Hut
- Festive and Occasional - Christmas Street The 12 days of Christmas calender - Gibsons
- Food and drink - BBQ Hot Smoking Kit - Hot Smoked
- Garden and Outdoor - BBQ Hot Smoking Kit - Hot Smoked
- Gift Stationery - Citygami London - Clockwork Soldier
- Home Accessory - Stone - Lexon Mini
- Hot Novelty - Weird Things Humans Search For Game - Big Potato Games
- Home Fragrance - Bitter Orange and Ylang Ylang - The Recycled Candle Company
- Kitchen and Dining - T&G Ocean - T&G Woodware
- Pet Gift - Fetch This Gift - Leather Guild
- Under £10 - Whiskey Experience - Darlington Crystal